Working parents will soon find themselves at home balancing a career and caring for their children full time. So as a manager, it is more important than ever to embrace the challenge ahead and role model support for your working parents. With 52% of parents stating that managers in their organisation do not role model support for working parents, this is your chance to step up and lead with confidence.
Here are some tips and things for you to think about, as you support your working parents through COVID-19.
- Remove any bias.
- Show empathy for your team and their needs.
- Balance flexibility with structure.
- Begin from a place of trust.
- Measure outcomes and not hours.
- Set clear expectations.
- Create a parents channel within your organisation.
Download our guide to role model support for your working parents here.
To find out more about Circle In contact us here.