How to better your family benefits
The working caregiver experience right now…
- 9 in 10 caregivers say family is more important than work
- 7 in 10 caregivers say they are not coping
- 1 in 3 caregivers is thinking of leaving their current employer
There has never been a more critical time for companies to invest in their working parents and caregivers.
Some of the key takeaways from the webinar included:
- Empower your employees to integrate work and family life to do the best work of their lives.
- Role modeling the utilisation of flexibility and benefits is important for caregivers to feel supported and thrive.
- Make company values at the core of everything you do, legitimately and truly, to create a strong company culture and people experience.
- Don’t make assumptions about what people what. Listen to your employees and team members to gather feedback, and understand their personal circumstances and needs.
- There is no one size fits all approach to supporting caregivers.
- If your people don’t thrive, your organization won’t thrive.
Bree summarised it best, “if organisations don’t focus on better supporting their caregivers, then they’ll lose their talent to somebody else that will.”
As part of this webinar, we created this self-assessment tool you can download via our website here.